Sunday, April 26, 2009

Dreams about Remodeling

Last night I dreamed that not only was I moving back to Egypt on insanely short notice, but my mother was having her kitchen remodeled (and it only took one day: obviously a dream). She got new white and green(?) cabinets that almost touched the ceiling, working appliances, and a lot of white moulding. It was very Swedish countryside. I also dreamed the house I grew up in was entirely razed, just a blank grassy space that seemed incredibly tiny, almost like a little yard between the two houses looming on either side. I was rushing around a university campus, trying to pack, to organize, to decide which of my many pairs of colored cordoroy pants to bring, deciding to skip work (I was a volunteer, after all), trying to convince my friend to drive up to Chicago with me to keep my company and then fly home, and feeling harried.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

do you remember the apollo earrings giveaway from leah sakellarides on joanna's blog a few weeks ago?! well leah is giving away another beautiful piece this week on my blog, macaroni club! she is so talented, and so sweet to do this! i'd like to invite you to come visit macaroni club, and if you like this piece of leah's, sign up to win it!
xo... sarah