Sunday, August 23, 2009

Today's the Day

Back in the 5220, I used to have a room that looked a little like this: the two big sunny windows, the old wood floor, the big white bed. My bike and coffee apparatus and view were less glamorous, but as you can see, it was very nice in a sunny, white sort of way. Then I had the purple room, a little bit as seen below, although minus the octopus chandelier (sadly) and the freaky spiral headboard and the stripes.
Now, for the basement room, I'm feeling more of a dusty pink or mauve, or a faded terra cotta orange even, like the walls of this gorgeous hotel in Morrocco.
It would look great, I think, with my green and brown dressers and would look nice and romantic and cozy with the low lighting I am forced to adopt. Picture lots of candles. Some flowing exotic curtains. (although not flowing too close to the candles, as that would be a fire hazard.)
I might go a more purple route again though, but this time more lavender, like this pretty wisteria. I still have the big white bed, so I think it would look nice.
This picture is way too girly for me, but I like the color. It's just the right shade of almost gray lavender.
The walls are still white, thought, which is just getting too boring to handle. If I had recessed candle sconces, that would be quite another thing altogether. BUT I don't, so I need to get off the couch and start painting!
Not quite yet: I thought briefly about mixing up a nice green. I do love green, but there is the fear that it will be either too dark or too suggestive of mildew, my sworn enemy. I think I will stick with my green accents and go pink or purple. So far I have cleaned out a bucket and started to contemplate mixing some of my roommates old Pepto-Bismol pink paint into a gallon of white. Add some blue maybe, stir it up, see what happens? It makes me so nervous, but if I don't do it now, I never will.

No comments: