Sunday, March 7, 2010

Procrastination


“Distractivity is what you’re doing when you get distracted from what you should be doing. It’s generally what you want to do, often what you need to do, and arguably, what you’ll do best.”
-John Goodman from Distractivity
“The work you do while you procrastinate is the work you should be doing for the rest of your life”
-Jessice Hische, whose funny blog includes this funny graphic about the evolution of her taste in typefonts, full size image here
both via swiss-miss

Well, that's all nice for creative folks, but that's kind of like saying I should abandon my difficult but arguably useful career and what, read design blogs for a living? Bake? Write emails to my friends? Arrange and re-arrange furniture, sew clothes, clean? Please. Even if I thought I should be a designer, what about the part of me that cares about social justice and doesn't believe in accumulating more stuff, no matter how well-designed or fashion-forward it may be?

No comments: