Friday, July 2, 2010

Apartment Crisis


We got the keys and checked out the new place, but contrary to everyone's memory, my room does not have a closet. NO CLOSET. Doesn't a closet make a room into a bedroom? (arguably, it's rather a bed, but still). No closet.

I have a lot of clothes.

You can imagine my panic.

There is also very little room for anything but a bed, ruling out ideas like wardrobes and so forth. I'm trying to think of creative solutions: open shelving in the bathroom (which is all mine, at least, and not terribly small), hanging a bar somewhere along the wall? I don't want my clothes all out in the open, cluttering up such a tiny space, but I don't know what else there is to do.

There's also no fan in the bedroom, which we also thought there was. On the positive side, we've got a clothes washer & dryer, and a dishwasher, and for the most part the rest of it is in pretty good, clean shape. Now I'm glad I've got awhile to move, so I can work on storage solutions.

Image from House and Garden/Style Court via This is Glamorous.

No comments: