Friday, July 2, 2010

Chandeliers: The Good, the Bad, and the EVEN BETTER


Since I don't have a ceiling fan, now's my chance to get a gorgeous chandelier and take it with me everywhere I go in my ever-increasing pile of possessions. I was looking on Craigslist and this one made me laugh. Baby & kids stuff? That would have given me nightmares! Maybe I'm not backwoods enough. I bet Z had one above his cradle.
Oh my, I want this. That's 234 individual crystal hooks. Here, want to buy me one for $450?

I'm kicking myself for not buying those crazy hanging mid-century light fixtures at the Antique Show we went to a few weeks ago. What was I thinking??

I was actually originally thinking crystal, but then it might be, you know, "shabby chic" and that would be... embarrassing. Except for this one, which is worth like 2 months of rent, which the more I look at it the more reasonable it sounds. Brandon was right; I am an Aaronite (the ones who worshipped the golden calf, presumably because it was shiny. And crystal-draped. And antique Italian).

I'm wondering if I have a picture of the chandeliers that hung in my apartment in Cairo. I spent long hours looking for replacement bulbs for that monster.

No comments: