Saturday, July 3, 2010

Christy Turlington's Boobs!



This is lovely and all, and I love the vintage styling, but those bustier dresses look SO uncomfortable! Poor beautiful Christy Turlington's boobs are all smashed up, and Karen Elson looks like she might be suffering the dreaded quadra-boob. It's clear to me that this ad campaign was designed and shot by men. Not that I'm really advocating the high-cut dress Karen has on in the last image: being completely covered in floral doesn't really do it for me either.

This is when I kindof hate fashion: a lot of clothes that are supposed to be "sexy" just make you uncomfortable and worried that you're about to pop out any second. As I've been told by a reputable male source, "there's nothing less sexy than a girl who looks uncomfortable," whether that's stumbling on too-high heels or tugging up her strapless dress.

Images: Christy Turlington, Natalia Vodianova & Karen Elson by Steven Meisel for Louis Vuitton fall 2010 ad campaign, styling by Karl Templer; via A Glamorous Little Side Project.

No comments: